|Hotel Registrations for the IDXC 2017 meeting will begin:
Wednesday, June 15, 2016 at 10:00 AM PDT = 1700 UTC
We will be using the Convention's Passkey reservation system, which will allow you to book a hotel room online. Here is a direct link to the Passkey system:
1. The passkey system will be activated at 10:00 AM PDT on Wednesday, June 15, 2016.
The link will not work until that day and time.
2. The passkey system connects you directly to the list of hotels who are participating in the convention — with contract rates we agreed upon. These are the 7 participating convention hotels for IDXC 2017:
Comfort Inn & Suites - Airport
Comfort Suites - Downtown
Lamp Liter Inn
Do NOT call these hotels directly. If you call a hotel directly and try to reserve a room at the contract rate, they won't take it. Everyone must use the Passkey system to get the better rate.
3. There is no call-in telephone number for Passkey -- you MUST use the online Passkey link.
4. Over the last five years, IDXC has continuously grown to be the most widely attended DX convention in the country. It's getting bigger and better every year, with attendance now topping 850 annually. However it's also a highly "compressed" meeting, with much content provided in a short time period. Based on survey feedback, you seem to agree. Therefore, we've decided to expand IDXC 2017 into a full 2.5 day meeting. Our primary purpose in offering more content sooner is to give all attendees more learning opportunities, more time for those eyeball QSOs with DX colleagues and friends, and overall a more satisfying convention experience. Therefore, when you book your hotel room for the convention, please consider arriving on Thursday, April 20, 2017, to take full advantage of the Friday options.
5. Visalia has become a popular convention site in the area. The Convention center and hotels are now often busy. IDXC is still the largest convention, but, not by much. Because of this, hotel block reservation prices increased this year about 9-10%. We worked with each of the hotels to get a better rate than first offered. We expected prices to go up this year, as their occupancy rate is high, and the economy has done well. We don't expect such a large increase every year.
6. As you know, we can't get the entire Marriott Hotel for our convention, as they want to have higher-rate rooms available for other corporate customers. They sell out of all those rooms every year.