|The IDXC 2015 meeting will be held at the Visalia Convention Center in downtown Visalia, CA. We have contracted with the Visalia Visitors Bureau to help select hotels for the meeting. The hotels shown below have chosen to participate and have blocked rooms for the convention.
||Distance From Hotel
To Convention Center
||300 S. Court St.; Visalia, CA 93291
|Comfort Inn & Suites
9300 W. Airport D.r; Visalia, CA 93277
210 E. Acequia Ave.; Visalia, CA 93291
||140 S. Akers St.; Visalia, CA 93291
||4747 W. Noble Ave.; Visalia, CA 93291
||9000 W. Airport Dr.; Visalia, CA 93277
||3300 W. Mineral King Ave.; Visalia, CA 93291
Please DO NOT CALL THE HOTEL DIRECTLY. They cannot take your reservation. We will be using the Convention's Passkey reservation system, which will allow you to book a hotel room online or by a direct phone call into a Call Center that has been set up for the Convention.
Before making your reservation however, please read the following information:
1. If you use one of the participating hotels, the IDXC Committee will receive a rebate for each night's lodging. This rebate will be credited toward our (fairly large) fee for renting the Convention Center. This, in turn, will allow us to keep IDXC Convention registration fees as low as possible. So, we encourage you to stay in one of the participating Convention hotels if at all possible.
2. The two hotels within walking distance of the Convention Center are the Marriott (host hotel) and the Comfort Suites (across the street). All other hotels are located 2-5 miles from downtown. However, there is plenty of parking in and around the Convention Center.
3. A Shuttle Bus will operate on a scheduled basis from the Holiday Inn to the Convention Center throughout the weekend, to help transport attendees to the meeting. The Holiday Inn is farthest from the Convention Center at 5.5 miles.
4. There will be an optional full day of training offered on Friday, April 17, 2015 -- a combination of DX-related and Contesting-related topics. Therefore, you might consider arriving on Thursday evening, April 16, 2015 and reserve your room for 3 nights: Thursday, Friday, and Saturday (April 16, 17, and April 18).
5. ONLINE RESERVATIONS -- started at 10:00 AM PDT, Monday June 16, 2014
To make your ONLINE reservation with one of the participating hotels, you must follow the Reservation Link below. When you click the GO button, you will be taken to a Hotel Reservation Page where you can register for a room online. If you've visited this page recently, please refresh your browser a couple of times to be sure the link from the "Go" button is activated on your computer.